Note: Delivery to main centres is guaranteed within the specified time frame only after payment confirmation. Please remember that bank deposits take a minimum of 3 days to process.
Main centers include any destination within a 50km radius of the following cities:
- Cape Town
- East London
- Polokwane (Pietersburg)
- Port Elizabeth
Important things to note:
- Delivery periods are only regarded as having commenced upon payment confirmation being received by Littera. If paying with a specific credit card for the first time on the Website, or if Littera regards the transaction to be large and/or unusual, Littera may carry out certain fraud checks with the cardholder’s bank and the delivery period shall only be regarded as having commenced upon completion of such checks.
- Delivery periods are calculated based on business days only. Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays are not taken into account in calculating delivery periods. So, for example, if you order something over the weekend, the delivery period will only start running on the next business day.
- If products with different delivery times are ordered together, the product with the longest delivery time will determine the delivery time of all the products in the order. So, if you want to order various products where some have a shorter delivery period than others (including so-called ’24 hour dispatch products’), Littera recommends that you order such products separately from the products requiring longer delivery times.
- Littera makes every effort to ensure that the information supplied on the Website is accurate. Where delays and out of stock situations occur, every reasonable effort will be made to inform the Purchaser.
Note the following in particular:
- “24 hour dispatch products” – these are products which get dispatched from Littera’s warehouse within 24 hours, which means you should receive them within 24 to 48 hours (calculated over business days). However, this only applies:
- for selected products (i.e. where the total order weight is under 3kg),
- if you order the product before 12h00 on a business day (failing which, dispatch will be delayed to the next business day), and
- if delivery is to be made to a main centre in South Africa. “Main centres” include any destination within a 50km radius of the following cities: Pretoria, Johannesburg, Bloemfontein, Cape Town, George, Port Elizabeth, East London, Durban, Pietermaritzburg and Nelspruit. Delivery outside main centres is usually within 3 working days.
Delivery usually takes place within 3 or 4 weeks after dispatch, however, seasonal peaks and delays at customs is outside the control of Littera and deliveries may take up to 12 weeks.
Purchases from LITTERA
We deliver parcels within South Africa, and internationally. Delivery charges are calculated automatically during checkout based on the delivery destination, total value, weight and dimension of all products included in an order.
Charge per order
Door-to-door courier (basket total under R260)
South African Post Office (Speed Services counter)
- A surcharge shall be levied on heavy or bulky items (which shall be marked as such on the product description page), and the applicable surcharge will be indicated at check-out.
The following charges will be charged per order, irrespective of the value of products ordered:
Charge per order
Please note that additional import duties may be payable by recipients of goods in foreign countries. These import duties would be over and above the charges to ship your order from South Africa. LITTERA does not know what import duties/levies may be payable, and unfortunately cannot estimate such costs. If you are ordering for delivery beyond our borders, please investigate whether any such import duties/levies would be payable on your order and, if so, the amount thereof.
Local delivery within South Africa may be made in the following ways:
- Door-to-door: You can have your parcel delivered by courier between 8am and 5pm, Monday to Friday. Always supply cell/tel details for courier deliveries.
- South African Post Office: You can choose to collect your parcel from the Speed Services counter at your local Post Office. Only media products (namely Books, CDs, DVDs ) can be delivered to post offices.
NOTE: If your parcel weighs 10kg or more (but less than 30kg), a surcharge applies.
Only media products (namely Books, CDs, DVDs ) can be delivered internationally, provided that your parcel weighs less than 10kg, and is no bigger than 120cm (in length, breadth or height).
Goods to the following international destinations are sent as follows:
- Namibia – by post or courier, to a post office or street address;
- African countries (excluding Namibia) – by post, to a post office only;
- All other countries – by courier, to a street address.
All international deliveries are subject to the import and custom laws of that country and LITTERA cannot be held responsible if a parcel or item is detained or confiscated due to these laws.
Track your orders
Go to your Order list. You will need to sign in to your account.
The status and tracking number of your order will display next to your product. Once the item has been sent, it will show as ‘Dispatched’. You will also receive an email notifying you of the dispatch date, or you can click on “Tracking info”. If you do not receive your order, please contact Customer Support on 0714748808.
What does the order status mean?
There are various statuses that apply to your entire order during the delivery process. These statuses are listed below:
Awaiting payment – Your order has been put on hold until we get confirmation of your payment. If you have paid via bank deposit, it can take between 2-5 working days before the money reflects on our system. Orders placed for delivery within 24hrs will only be processed once we receive your money.
New – we have just received your payment and we’re getting ready to start working on your order
On hold by customer request We’re – either working on your order or you’ve asked us to stop processing your order.
In Progress – We’ve received your payment and we’re processing your order. Kindly check the status per item as we may be waiting on products to arrive from our suppliers
Ready to ship – Your item(s) are in the warehouse. Your order will ship once all your items have been received.
Item shipped – We’ve shipped these item(s) to you.
Parcel shipped – We’ve shipped this order to you.
Completed – your order is now complete
Cancelled – Your whole order or part of your order has been cancelled and an email sent to the email address associated with your LITTERA profile.
Cancel your order
To cancel your order, go to your Orders list where you will see orders in progress. You can choose to cancel the whole order or
A whole order can be cancelled as long as the order status is:
- Awaiting payment
- In progress
Individual products can be cancelled as long as the order status is:
- Awaiting payment
- In progress
- Ready to ship
This Refund Policy regulates the extent to which you may cancel your purchases made on the Website and be refunded therefor, either before or after having received the product, as well as what your remedies are if the product you received is defective. It also explains the process you need to follow in order to properly cancel a purchase, report a defect, arrange for a return etc. You are not entitled to any refund, repair or replacement save to the extent that it is expressly provided for under this Refund Policy, in its sole discretion and without being obliged thereto, chooses to give you a refund, or replacement.
1. Your rights to cancel, Return or Refunded
1.1 Early cancellations
Subject to the EXCEPTIONS listed below, you are entitled to cancel any purchase without attracting any cancellation and/or administration charges if you cancel prior to the packaging of the products so purchased, and you effect such cancellation online on your ‘orders’ webpage (it being recorded that this online functionality for cancelling any sale will only be available for so long as you are entitled to cancel same on a penalty-free basis). If timeously cancelled as aforesaid, you will be fully refunded in respect of such cancelled purchase (including delivery charges), without any administrative or other charges being payable provided that, should a sale only be partially cancelled and delivery charges as re-calculated on the value of the revised order exceed the delivery charges as calculated on the original order, you shall be liable for the amount of such excess delivery charges EXCEPTIONS: Early cancellation as aforesaid is NOT possible for purchases of eBooks or electronic Vouchers (which cannot be cancelled at all once purchased).
1.2 Late delivery & Stock shortages
If a product you have purchased is not delivered within the agreed delivery period (or where no specific period was agreed, within 30 days after having purchased the product) you are entitled to cancel such purchase on 7 days notice to the seller of such product , the functionality for giving such notice being provided on the ‘orders’ webpage of the Website. Should a product that you’ve ordered be out of stock, the seller thereof will notify you thereof, whereupon:
- in the event of a temporary out-of-stock situation, you shall be entitled either to cancel the order and be fully refunded, or to maintain the sale subject to a later delivery date as may be agreed;
- in the event of a permanent out-of-stock situation, you shall be entitled to be fully refunded.
In being ‘fully refunded’ as aforesaid, you will be refunded the relevant purchase price and delivery charges, without having to pay any administrative or other charges.
1.3 Incorrect product delivered
If the incorrect product is delivered to you (i.e. it is not the product you purchased), please do not remove the product from its original packaging, open or use the product in any way. Please promptly contact us, so that we can resolve the mistake by arranging to collect such product from you and deliver the correct product to you, as quickly as possible.
1.4 Non-defective products
You are entitled, after your receipt of a product purchased by you, to cancel that purchase within the relevant COOL OFF PERIOD specified below, and to obtain a full purchase price refund, subject to being charged by the seller thereof for the return of the product. COOL OFF PERIOD:
- Products purchased from Littera: 15 days
- Products which by reason of their nature cannot be returned (which include eBooks and electronic Vouchers). NO REFUND WILL BE GIVEN FOR THESE ITEMS
Note that although you are entitled to ‘cool off’ and cancel your purchase as aforesaid, the product must be returned in the condition you received it and by following the procedure set out in the ‘Return & Refund Process’ section below. So, if you wish to return any non-defective product delivered to you for a refund as aforesaid, please do not remove the product from its original packaging and/or use the Product.
POSSIBLE LENIENCY BY LITTERA: Although your right to return non-defective products bought from LITTERA are as set out above, if you want to return a non-defective product you purchased from after the aforesaid 15 day cooling off period and/or the non-defective product returned is not in the same condition as when it was delivered to you, LITTERA may, in its sole discretion, decide to nevertheless give you a partial refund on that purchase.
2. Return & Refund Process
2.1 Purchases from LITTERA
RETURNS: If you want to return a product you have purchased from LITTERA for any reason permitted under this Refund Policy, you must in all instances first notify LITTERA thereof to inform us of the reason for your return by contacting us via the online functionality for initiating a return in your Account, or via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or our call centre at: 0714748808. Once you have successfully logged your return as aforesaid, LITTERA will issue you with a returns authorisation number (“RA Number”) and arrange for the collection of the product from you. You must ensure that the product to be collected by the courier is packed so as to comply with the following:
- the product is properly protected;
- save where being returned due to being Defective, the product is still in its original packaging, together with all accessories, instructions and documentation (if any), and in perfect condition for the purposes of resale (ie the product must not be damaged, scratched, soiled, and in the case of electronic hardware, the adhesive screen covers must not have been removed); and
- aforesaid RA Number is accurately reflected in/on the parcel
LITTERA is not able to accept the return of any products which have not gone through the above process and/or are not accompanied by a valid RA Number. Products returned without a valid RA Number will not have been validly returned and may be sent back to you at your expense. Please treat products and packaging with reasonable care while in your possession. Nothing herein detracts from any right LITTERA may have to hold you liable for any damage you cause to a product (including its packaging) while in your possession.
REFUNDS: Should you be entitled to a refund for any reason, such refund shall be effected in the same manner in which your payment was made (ie by processing the refund against your credit card). EXCEPT where payment was made via EFT, bank deposit, Voucher or Coupon, in which case we will credit your LITTERA shopper profile. Note that for EFT and bank deposit payments, you have the right to request that the relevant amount instead be paid back into your bank account (and note that we will only pay back into your bank account and not a third party’s bank account).