General T & C’s
Who you are contracting with:
- www.littera.co.za (the “Website”) is owned and operated by Hickey Communications CC t/a LITTERA, registration number: 2007/232996/23 (hereinafter referred to as “Littera”).
- Visitors to the Website (“Users” or “you”), including those Users who purchase any products on the Website (“Purchasers”) are bound by these terms and conditions (“T&C”). If you do not agree to these T&C, do not continue to use the Website. Your continued use of the Website will constitute acceptance of the T&C, unmodified by you.
Stock availability: Stocks of all goods on offer are limited. Littera shall take all reasonable efforts to ensure that when stock is no longer available, that offers thereof are discontinued. However, should Littera be unable to fulfil any order placed by you at the advertised price due to stock having sold out, Littera will notify you and you will be entitled to a refund of the amount paid by you for such product, as explained in more detail in the “Refund Policy”
AGREEMENTS OF SALE
Placing a product in a shopping basket or adding it to a wishlist without completing the purchase cycle does not constitute an agreement of sale and/or an order for such product, and as such, Littera may remove such product from the shopping basket or wishlist if stock becomes unavailable and you cannot hold Littera liable if such product is not available when the purchase cycle is completed at a later stage.
An agreement of sale only comes into effect if and when: (a) you electronically submit a properly completed order for one or more products in your shopping basket; and (b) payment is either authorised, or received by Littera in its bank account
Termination of Sales, Cancellation of Orders & Blacklisting:
- Littera reserves the right, for purposes of preventing suspected fraud, to blacklist you on its database to refuse to accept or process payment on any order, and/or to cancel any sale concluded between you and Littera, in whole or in part, on notice to you. Littera shall only be liable to refund monies already paid by you, and accepts no other liability which may arise as a result of such blacklisting and/or refusal to process any order/sale.
AMOUNTS PAYABLE BY YOU
1. Prices: The price of each product is displayed with the product listing. In the event of a sale or special offer, the discounted price is displayed.
2. Delivery Charges: Delivery charges differ depending on a variety of factors, including product type, price, and weight, as well as whether delivery is to be made within, or outside, the borders of South Africa.
3. Value Added Tax: Value added tax at the rate of 14% is charged on goods bought by South African residents. VAT is not payable on orders if both the billing and the shipping address are international.
4. Import Duties: Import duties may be payable by recipients of goods in foreign countries. Littera does not know what import duties/levies may be payable and cannot calculate or estimate such costs. You are responsible for determining whether any such import duties/levies are payable and, if so, the amount thereof.
Errors: Littera shall take all reasonable efforts to accurately indicate prices and delivery charges. However, should products be erroneously offered at incorrect prices and/or delivery charges, Littera will not be obliged to sell products at such incorrect prices and/or delivery charges, but shall refund monies paid by you should you not wish to proceed with the purchase at the correct price and/or delivery charge.
CREDIT CARD PAYMENTS:
Subject to any exceptions expressly mentioned below, your payment for any products ordered from Littera must be made to us in any one of the following ways
- At the time of placing the order, the transaction details are presented to the bank and payment is collected immediately. If the bank’s authorisation is not obtained, the order will be cancelled. Littera may carry out certain fraud checks with the cardholder or the cardholder’s bank, should Littera be unable to verify the validity of the transaction the order will be cancelled.
- Credit card acquiring and security
Credit card transactions will be acquired for ABC via PayGate (Pty) Ltd who are the approved payment gateway for Standard Bank of South Africa. PayGate uses the strictest form of encryption, namely Secure Socket Layer 3 (SSL3) and no credit card details are stored on the website. Users may go to www.paygate.co.za to view their security certificate and security policy.Customer details separate from card details
Customer details will be stored by ABC separately from card details which are entered by the client on PayGate’s secure site. For more detail on PayGate refer to www.paygate.co.za
2. BANK DEPOSITS & ELECTRONIC FUNDS TRANSFER:
If you select to pay via this method, instructions will be given on how to deposit monies into Littera’s bank account and it would be subject to the following rules:
- the exact amount must be paid;
- the payment must be identified by supplying the order number and surname in the reference section of the deposit slip or on the electronic transfer;
- no transfers may be made from ATM’s;
- no cheque deposits are accepted;
- no bank deposits are accepted from outside the borders of South Africa; and
- your order will be cancelled if the amount due is not paid within 5 business days.
Delivery charges are calculated automatically based on the delivery destination, total value, weight and dimensions of all products included in an order, when the order is created. Please read our Delivery Charges page for further details.
- Local delivery (within South Africa)
Local delivery may be made in the following ways:
- Door-to-door: You can have your parcel delivered by courier between 8am and 5pm, Monday to Friday.
- South African Post Office: You can choose to collect your parcel from the Speed Services counter at your local Post Office. NOTE: Only media products (namely Books, CDs, DVDs) can be delivered to post offices.
- Littera warehouse collections: Collect your parcel as arranged with Littera support
NOTE: If your parcel weighs 10kg or more (but less than 30kg), a surcharge applies. If your parcel weighs 30kg or more, you will have to arrange with LIttera for collection.
- International delivery (outside of South Africa)
NOTE: Only media products (namely Books, CDs, DVDs) can be delivered internationally, provided that your parcel weighs less than 10kg, and is no bigger than 120cm in length, breadth or height.
All international deliveries are subject to the import and custom laws of that country, and Littera cannot be held responsible if a parcel or item is detained or confiscated due to these laws.
Goods to the following international destinations are sent as follows:
- Namibia – by post or courier, to a post office or street address;
- African countries (excluding Namibia) – by post, to a post office only;
- All other countries – by courier, to a street address.
- Delivery periods are only regarded as having commenced upon payment confirmation being received by Littera. If paying with a specific credit card for the first time on the Website, or if Littera regards the transaction to be large and/or unusual, Littera may carry out certain fraud checks with the cardholder’s bank and the delivery period shall only be regarded as having commenced upon completion of such checks.
- Delivery periods are calculated based on business days only. Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays are not taken into account in calculating delivery periods. So, for example, if you order something over the weekend, the delivery period will only start running on the next business day.
- Littera makes every effort to ensure that the information supplied on the Website is accurate. Where delays and out of stock situations occur, every reasonable effort will be made to inform the Purchaser.
- Local delivery
- “24 hour dispatch products” – these are products which get dispatched from Littera’s warehouse within 24 hours, which means you should receive them within 24 to 48 hours (calculated over business days). However, this only applies:
- for selected products (i.e. where the total order weight is under 3KG),
- if you order the product before 12h00 on a business day (failing which, dispatch will be delayed to the next business day), and
- if delivery is to be made to a main centre in South Africa. “Main centres” include any destination within a 50km radius of the following cities: Pretoria, Johannesburg, Bloemfontein, Cape Town, George, Port Elizabeth, East London, Durban, Pietermaritzburg and Nelspruit. Delivery outside main centres is usually within 3 working days.
- International delivery
Delivery usually takes place within 2 or 3 weeks after dispatch, however, seasonal peaks and delays at customs is outside the control of Littera and deliveries may take up to 12 weeks.
Littera may make physical and/or electronic gift vouchers (“Vouchers”), available on the Website from time to time. Vouchers can only be redeemed while they are valid (their expiry dates being unable to be extended), and on the Website towards the purchase of Littera products. More specifically:
Physical Vouchers can be purchased and will be delivered in the same way that Littera products are, either on their own or together with other products. Payment for the electronic Voucher/s will also be obtained from the bank immediately.
Vouchers cannot be –
- used to purchase other Vouchers;
- exchanged for cash; or
- transferred or assigned to any other person once already partially redeemed towards a purchase.
GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
This Website is managed and owned from the Republic of South Africa and therefore governed by South African law and, subject to the ‘Disputes’ clause of these T&C, you and Littera submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the South African courts.
Any person that delivers or attempts to deliver any damaging code to this Website or attempts to gain unauthorised access to any page on this Website shall be prosecuted and civil damages shall be claimed in the event that Littera suffers any damage or loss.
You agree and warrant that your log-in name and password shall be used for your personal use only and shall not be disclosed to any third party.
You allow Littera to take all reasonable steps to ensure the integrity and security of the Website and back-office applications.
All credit card transactions are Secure Socket Layers encrypted. Littera’s registration documents and the Website’s registered domain name are checked and verified by Thawte.
CHANGES TO AGREEMENT
Littera may, in its sole discretion, change these T&C or any part thereof at any time on notice to you. It is your responsibility to ensure that you are satisfied with the amendments. Should you not be satisfied with the amendments, you must refrain from placing any further orders on, or from using in any way, the Website.
When you visit the Website or send e-mails to Littera, you consent to receiving communications from Littera electronically and agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications sent by Littera satisfy any legal requirements, including but not limited to the requirement that such communications should be “in writing”.
The ECT Act states that when goods or services are offered by way of certain electronic transactions, the seller thereof must make certain information about it available to customers on websites where the goods or services are offered.
Littera’s information is as follows:
Full name: Hickey Communications t/a Littera, registered in South Africa, registration number 2007/232996/23
Main business: Online retailer Phone number: +27 (0)71 4748808
Physical address for receipt of legal service (also postal and street address): 36 Johanstr, Brits 0250, Republic of South Africa
Office bearers: Isabel Hickey (Director), Willem Hickey (Webmaster)
Official email address: firstname.lastname@example.org